“I really believe there are things nobody would see if I didn't photograph them.”
— Diane Arbus
My name is Joe Kennaley and I am an award winning wedding photographer located just outside Boston Massachusetts. Born and raised in Nova Scotia, I photographed my first wedding in 1991 while still a photography student and since then I have photographed hundreds of weddings all over the world.
I have photographed small back yard weddings in rural Nova Scotia, elopements in the Canadian Rockies, beach weddings in Jamaica, large luxurious weddings in Boston and New York City with everything you can imagine in between.
Please take a look at my online portfolio and contact me with any questions or to schedule an appointment to discuss your wedding plans.
I cover weddings throughout New England, New York, Atlantic Canada and beyond. I offer three packages. This is what’s included:
- An initial consultation to talk about your day in more detail and just to get to know each other. Of course, this consultation is free of charge, with no obligation whatsoever. This can also be done via phone or skype if a physical meeting isn’t possible.
- Coverage can begin whenever you wish and extra hours can also be added to suit your exact requirements.
- All your images individually edited and enhanced. Each and every image you receive has been given unique attention to ensure optimum quality.
- Your images (around 800 – 1000 for 10 hours) all at full-resolution and without watermarks – so you can print or use your photos however you wish. I work to get your images to you in 2 - 3 weeks
- A password-protected online gallery, for your guests to view all your photographs, and order prints directly should they wish to.
- Travel included within New England. For Worldwide weddings, travel expenses and accommodation will apply.
Up to 10 hours: $3000
Up to 8 hours: $2500
Up to 6 hours: $2000
Fine art albums are available at an extra cost.
I'm available for your wedding anywhere in the world.
Natural and Un-posed.
This is the way I shoot: I capture the real-life, true moments of your day, observing and recording those moments as they happen. After all, when you look back at a photo where you’ve been posed, you just remember being posed; when you look at a natural photo, you remember how you were feeling. Some people may call this ‘reportage’, others ‘photojournalism’, but names don’t really matter – what does matter is that your wedding is one of the most special days of your lives; not a ‘photoshoot’. I won’t be carting around huge flashes and stands, asking you to wait around for ages as I set up equipment, getting you to put one hand here and one arm there – I photograph you and your guests totally naturally. We can still do some group shots, of course, but these are best kept to a minimum so that I can get back to getting those candid moments. Even when I spend a small amount of time with just the two of you for some ‘couple time’ (just 15 – 20 mins is enough time to get lots of different natural and real photos, I don’t want to take you away from your guests for hours) this is still un-posed; I want you to just enjoy being with each other – you’ve just got married! – and I’ll capture you naturally, together.